Floral Wreaths

What better way to reign sovereign over the realm of nature than while wearing a crown of flowers shaped in a wreath? I've lusted over a crown of fake flowers for a while now, but I haven't been able to find anything suitable- not even on eBay while searching all manor of words to aid me in my search. I saw one vintage reseller sell a cool one a year or two ago now and I should have snapped it up but I didn't have the money at the time. Being reminded of losses on eBay are what spur me and push myself to accept every shift I'm offered- preventing being in the poor house as much as I can. This is why I'm so jealous of stylists, they have access to a series of great fashion accessories and pieces to bring out the best in a collection while I'm here, sitting at home and stuck with squat.

Still though, it's not all doom and gloom. I may not be even able to view all the lovely photographs of other fortunate girls adorned in floral wreaths. Now that's the kind of thing that would really bring you down when sitting around with spare time on your hands during Summer holidays. I think that if I were able to get my hands on the raw materials of fake flowers and their stems, I may have a slim chance of being able to figure out how it all fits together to make a crown as it were. I would love to do it wit real flowers, but the practice is time consuming and the flowers die after a few short hours as a crown sitting atop my head.

There's so many beautiful photographs featuring I'm missing out on recreating due to my floral wreath withdrawal- unfortunately their a bit of an oddity and a rare item to com across. What I really need to do is do some honest-to-goodness second hand shop scouring for pieces of such finesse and quirk. Everything I can find online is an ornament for a wall and not your head. It looks like if I'm to get the gypsy and natural look I'll have to source it from America or use real flowers- if only I had been alive in the sixties.

The intertwining of natural flowers and leaves on a mountainous setting at sunset- that's supposedly when magical powers are first at play progressively getting stronger till the witching hour; midnight. Fake flowers are best teamed up with a material to soften the look and make the flowers look more realistic by comparison, whereas when using real flowers I think using stems and leaves is quite charming and becoming.

I love the effect of a floral wreath arranged with matching shades of tulle and silky ribbons, the kind you would find on bridesmaids at a wedding. I like the new modern take on it though to wear it with casual attire. It makes you look like a fairy queen and more romantic- all of which are characteristics I now cherish after having undertaken Literature as a subject in my final year of high school. It was one of my more enjoyed classes too and a lot of fun. The floral wreaths and halos remind me of poems such as the Lady of Shallot as well as La Belle Dame Sans Merci.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...