Perfume

This black tinged glass makes up the bottle of a rare and elusive edition of Flowerbomb from Viktor and Rolf that I didn't have the money to buy at the time- now this picture haunts my dreams and nightmares. For inside this vessel lay the elixir of dreams which I so heavily desired to douse myself with daily but it's not available anywhere on eBay.

While I may not be able to find Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb for cheap on eBay, there are many beautiful and empty bottles of perfume with atomizers available on Etsy and being sold as vintage pieces. I've even found some pretty cat shaped bottles that held perfume at once stage in their life and if I had room on my desk I would love to create a small row of them to watch over me as I study. There's something so sculptural, as well as feminine about a perfume bottle. I think it's that marriage of design which can be almost architectural as well as the feminine fabric pouch of the atomizer and tassel connected to what is often a glass bottle with intricate design.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...