Versace: 90s Butterfly Jeans

I'm not too sure what it is, whether I am reverting back to what some may argue to be somewhat primitive grunge and 90s style but when I first saw this jeans for sale on Claire Inc, an Australian site I first came across after searching a few different links on eBay. Claire Inc are a company that sell the best quality vintage finds that are available for famous brands, eg. Chanel, Cacharel, Sonia Rykiel, Karl Lagerfeld, etc. They do favour some brands more than others but I think my heart just may have stopped when I spotted these gorgeous white Gianni Versace jeans with the butterfly print. The bright colours that maintain a lot of their integrity after a decade of being washed and the strong design is just so good. I wish I had been born in the 80s and had lived my teenage years throughout the 90s. I look over my simplistic child guides to photography in which the styling and clothing everyone wears from that era is just so humorous to someone who has only ever known the time period I love in.

My love for the butterfly jeans was rebuked upon spotting a similar pair, size 6 (hence why I couldn't buy them apart from not having the funds available) in green with striking orange and yellow. For some reason I really like the way the butterflies down the middle of the crotch seem split down the middle to either leg. It's really eye catching and sweet without drawing too much attention to that area. I love symmetrical things so that may be why they speak to me on such a level. The top worn with statement jeans such as this has to be minimal but I don't really like the black sheer top the green/orange/yellow jeans are worn with. I think it would be better to find a black t shirt with a worn loose look to it to really emphasise the grunge 90s style. Or wear a shirt in the same shade as the jeans, predominantly green. The smaller size six pair in green sold for $170 whereas the larger size of the white butterfly jeans from Claire Inc sold for $340 I believe. While it is better to buy a pair of jeans that actually fit you, that is a marginal mark up.

The good thing about vintage is that it does make brands such as Chanel and Versace more affordable and the items are usually in good quality but there are poachers out there that will snatch up all the good vintage pieces before the rest of us can even find them. That, and we are also stuck with all the dud vintage pieces that don't seem to classify as cool. Although vintage reselling is a cool concept in terms of recycling and reusing etc. I don't want to pay horrible mark ups for rad pieces when all I need to do is search hard and quickly before anyone else can!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...