Yen Issue 55

Alternative magazines for fashion and style such as Oyster, Frankie, and Yen have been some of my favourites but I have only ever admired them from afar. A little while ago I went on a spree and bought several copies of Russh in bulk but they've been sitting around on my book shelf largely unread and on occasion I flick through the pictures. While I am content to look at online extracts of some of their brighter and bolder editorial spread, I can't help but wish I had a steady and reliable source of income to pay for magazine subscriptions and scour eBay for editions long since past. What I like most about these images from the 55th edition of Yen is the wild prints and clashes combined with chunky heeled shoes- it's so modern and on trend.
 
I mainly look to vintage clothing these days to find unusual structures such as long and flowing skirts with novel prints of animals on them and bright 1950s colours- I've currently got my eye on a lovely pink framed pair of sunglasses from Opening Ceremony but I really should sell my old Ray Bans before I make any moves on the eyewear front. With enough expertise as far as the sewing machine is concerned, a similarly patterned skirt could be fashioned in a patchwork style to match or clash as you see fit- something I hope to get around to by enrolling in a short course once the load of my university study finally lightens up.

As well as importantly delivering images of the current trends of the season so masses via media, magazines should also be creative enough to set their own trends and make pastel rimmed glasses cool when worn with sequin embellished jumpers and long dangly earrings. Art deco pieces with chandelier draping chains are my favourite accessories inspired from the 1920s and with the use of cheaper materials and more stunning materials I'm more fond of the new and reinvented pieces as opposed to the traditional antiques. If only I had places to wear such extravagant pieces, then my life would have a sense of fulfillment about it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...